UPDATE: As of November 2022 Thunder Laser China has approved pink RV antifreeze for use in Thunder Laser USA Nova series machines
You can now use pink RV Antifreeze the same as, or equivalent to, the product linked below in Thunder Laser USA Watercooled Lasers.
use rv 100% rv antifreeze
This is to be used undiluted and only when necessary.
The system should be flushed and refilled with distilled water when freezing isn't a concern.
The Material Safety Data Sheet for the RV Antifreeze, as well as the other products on this page, are attached to this article.
THE INFO BELOW IS FOR ANTIFROGEN
The brand Teyu Chiller, Reci, and SPT approve of, in the scope of Thunder Laser, is CLARANT.
L and N are suitable for laser products.
Antifrogen® N is a liquid, tinted pale yellow, for use as a heat transfer medium in closed hot water heating systems, heat pumps and as cooling brine in industrial refrigeration equipment. Antifrogen® N is not suitable for the use in food or pharmaceutical applications. Alternatively, the use of Antifrogen® L is recommended. The product is inhibited without the use of nitrites-, amines-, borates-, silicates- and phosphates. The optimization of the corrosion inhibition system was performed without the use of CMR-substances (cancerogenic, mutagenic, reprotoxic).
Antifrogen® L is a clear liquid, tinted blue, for use as a heat transfer medium in heat pump systems and in the food industry, e.g. in breweries, dairies, ice-cream factories, cold stores and fish processing factories. The product is inhibited without the use of nitrites-, amines-, borates-, silicates- and phosphates. The optimization of the corrosion inhibition system was performed without the use of CMR-substances (cancerogenic, mutagenic, reprotoxic).
Proportion(Anti-freeze fluid: Distilled water)
1. The capacity of CW-3000 is 9L, CW-5000 is 6L, CW-5200 is 6L.
2. CW3000 no water level label, please make sure the total amount of water and antifreeze added is 8L.
3. CW5000&5200 has water level label, please make sure the total amout of water and antifreeze added is 5L.
For example, if the room temp of your workplace is -22-25℃, for CW3000, the ratio of antifreeze and water is 3.2L:4.8L. For CW5000&5200, the ratio of antifreeze and water is 2L:3L.
Before adding antifreeze fluid
1. Turning all machine off （chiller and laser machine）, drain water away from chiller and then clean the limescale.
2. Add the water first, then add the antifreeze liquid.
3. Open the chiller, let the water circulate for 5-10 minutes, then you can start work.
1. The antifreeze fluid will deteriorate to a certain extent when it is used for a long time. After the antifreeze fluid deteriorates, it will be more corrosive and the viscosity will also change, so it needs to be replaced regularly. The frequency of replacement we recommend is to change the water once every 2-3 months (at room temperature). When the ambient temperature starts to rise and the sub-zero temperature is lifted, the circulating cooling water can be replaced with softened water such as distilled water or purified water.
2. Try to use the same brand of antifreeze. Even if the main components of different types of antifreeze are the same, their additive formulas will be different. It is not advisable to mix them to avoid chemical reactions, precipitation or bubbles.
3. If laser machine will not be used for a long time, the water inside of laser tube, water chiller and water pipes should be drained out, especially for glass laser tube. If buyer did not carry out our instruction, any broken of laser tube caused by this will not be guaranteed.